20120529

Where is Por Thueng?


I am searching for Por Tueng seeds (crotalaria juncea), from the family of fabaceae plants. Having my own land, I will sow them, let them grow naturally and plough the flowers. I'll thus be able to use them as a natural fertilizer. Mr.Angkrit, a noodle shop owner, told me he could give me some of his own Por Tueng seeds, which he himself uses on his land. I need 10 kg of Por Tueng seeds. I will go get them once I get back from Chiang Mai. 

My dad told me he would drain the land, in order for me to have the possibility to grow Por Tueng seed. I am so grateful for his precious help. I did try to do things by my self but it seems like I can't do it on my own. I have no experience about farming, neither do I have money or equipment. Hopefully, I can figure some things out through internet. By reading about other farms' mistakes, and getting some advice from a few farms, I am now fully aware of the theoretical farming, be it in Thailand or in other countries. The only thing is, reading is one thing, put it into practice is another. 

I should say that for the past few days, we've had a lovely weather. I love the wind and I just can't wait for the monsoon to start!



This is how it looks when the farmer harvests a rice farm with his own hands wholeheartedly. (:


No comments:

Post a Comment


You can also Like my Page on Facebook : Backyard Strawberry :D