20120713

A Little More about Me (to be a Strawberry Grower)


When I first start having a blog, I wish I could tell the stories of me being a Strawberry Grower. I want to spread what i'm doing and what i'm thinking to the others. It might effects to some youths or backpackers or any boby comes to visit me at the farm. I would be very happy to be a Host for the stranger who becomes my friend.

I realized that I didn't tell you who I am. Maybe I don't want to let anyone knows me as a person. But I think that I will write a little bit about my self because telling my story is a part of telling a strawberry grower's story, am I right?




My name is Be and my last name is Phumirat. I am 27 years old. I graduated from Mae Fah Luang University, Tourism Management major. After I graduated, I got chances to work in various kind of jobs like being a Photographer, a videographer, Youth leader, Public Event Organizer, Note-Taker, Media Designer and also a writer sometimes. I have been to many places in Thailand and other countries (The United State, Laos, South-Korea, Cambodia). It was my great experiences, which I had a dream of.

One day, my dad gives me a 6,400 square meters large land (1.6 Acre). Then I started thinking about Being Home, leave too much chaos of everything behind to have my own small space & business. I don't want to be anyone's employee. To live simple life and be independent is my thought. I have asked my self what makes me happy, This is the answer, I am happy when I can do something I like to make a living, watch good movies, read good books, get to travel and explore places, and having love. So I decided to be home and farm strawberries!. I'm sure that I will have time to create some stop motion videos. I often make it and upload it on Youtube.

Why did I choose Strawberry? 
Because Strawberry is a lovely and a romantic fruit. Let's think about strawberry and Longan (the fruit which planted a lot around my place). There are the different way to taking care of and the produce has a different appearance, too. I know, I know, but this is my reasons to choose strawberry. (Plus I know that people love fruits and they are willing to pay more for organic strawberries!)

After I told my parents I want to start farming (in my country, most of parents take care of their kids until the kids get married. It's just some of kids have to work if necessary), Both of them agreed with me because they saw my willingness. My dad has his own tractor and labors. So it's kind of easy to start working on my land. I'm so lucky that my parents were very supportive. I'm trying not to take too much from them. I want to do things on my own and make them proud of me. I searched for the information about strawberry farming, met and asked other people who has farming skilled, learned from other farm owners. I'm not afraid to be fail. It doesn't mean I won't fail. I just need to follow the plan and be ready to fix it if the problems pop up.

I have a house. actually, i'm going to have a house at the end of this year. I hope that my house would be a small shelter for some travelers. Farming strawberry would makes me busy at home. It would be great if some nice people come visit me and share about our own stories. (I still have a plan to travel but not so many times. It makes my every single trip more special)

I am happy with my life now. I wish everyone could do what they want to fulfill their life and be happy, too.


Thank you for following my blog.
Talk & Ask & Share: leave a comment or gonnabeme1985@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment


You can also Like my Page on Facebook : Backyard Strawberry :D